Soft, hydrated skin is elegant, dare I say alluring. It’s easily recognizable as a result of the evident radiance. But here is the question: “Is it possible for me to have such soft and hydrated skin–and without harsh products?” The availability of DIY natural moisturizers that can be put together without complications make it possible for you to groom such enviable skin. We’re going to give you 8 natural moisturizer recipes!
#1 Moisturizer Recipe: Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree has a huge reputation as an herbal remedy for inflammation and skin redness across the globe. The edge of tea tree oil is the toleration that several skin types have for it unlike other remedies. It is rich in anti-microbial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory substances to boost your skin radiance and glow.
- For overnight skin glow, add a teaspoon measure of coconut oil to a few drops of tea tree oil and rub gently on your skin.
- Repeat over a few weeks for best effect
#2 Natural Moisturizer: Orange Peel & Honey
Orange belongs to the citrus family and is a healthy base for Vitamin C. It contains niacin, calcium, potassium, folate as well as Vitamins, A and B6 The effect is to detoxify your body, boost blood circulation and dampen the risk of inflammation.
Orange peel can be an effective mask that will hydrate your skin. Here is what to do:
- Take an orange and extract the peel
- Sun-dry it for two days
- Grate using a blender
- Add honey to it and apply as a mask as often as you desire.
Chaya’s note–it’s best to use an organic orange peel, and to scrub the skin with apple cider vinegar prior to drying. This eliminates the waxes and harsh chemicals found on many grocery store oranges.
#3 Natural Moisturizer: Lemon Juice
You may have thought this would dry the skin out, but it’s quite the opposite! Lemon Juice is able to expel toxins from the skin to ensure proper hydration levels and softness.
- Extract lemon juice and add to half cupful of yogurt
- Rub on to your skin gently
- Allow to dry on for a few minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process nightly for a few weeks
#4 Natural Moisturizer: Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has huge promises for skin moisture level boost and works wonders on dry skin
It moisturizes your hair with ease. It is rich in antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agents.
- Heat coconut oil and allow cooling
- Empty into a jar
- Refrigerate it till the following morning so it solidifies
- Add your fragrance of choice and rub onto your skin in the mornings and before sleep
#5 Natural Moisturizer: Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal is effective for healing skin ravaged by acne and eczema. Used alongside yogurt, it provides such revitalizing experience to hydrate your skin. It can also relieve itching from rashes, overly dry skin, or windburn.
Add the following to half cup measure of hot water:
- 1/3 cup measure of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon measure of honey
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt or reconstituted powdered buttermilk
Stir your oatmeal in hot water and allow to get plumped after a few minutes. Add the yogurt and honey and blend till it combines nicely.
Slather on skin and leaves for 10 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water. If used on your face, allow to dry for about 15 minutes before you wash it off.
#6 Natural Moisturizer: Banana and Honey
Honey has been used for ages as a remedy to dampen ageing effects and protect your skin glow and radiance. Banana is also well reputed for hydration; oil control and setting back free radicals. There are also a rich combination of nutrients like Vitamin A, B, E and C present in this global meal component.
- Cut one banana into quarter bits
- Add instant milk
- Add a tablespoonful of raw honey
- Whisk contents or use a blender to combine
Rub on your skin for about 30 minutes before washing off using cool water
#7 Natural Moisturizer: Jojoba OilJojoba oil is a rich moisturizer that is excellent for oil control, antimicrobial activities and deep skin penetration. It was used by generations of Native Americans to treat sores, skin scars and bruises with excellent results.
You can trust its efficacy for skin hydration under a variety of weather extremities with immediate results.
- Add a teaspoon measure of lemon juice to a few drops of Jojoba oil and rub all over your face, shoulders and the rest of your body. It seeps into your skin gracefully with no trace of oiliness.
- Repeat this in the mornings and evenings with no inhibition
#8 Natural Moisturizer: Avocado
Avocado is laden with potassium, folate, fiber and B6, C and K -Vitamins. The fatty acids content along with anti-oxidants will aid your skin glow and hydration with excellent results. Avocado is easy to access in a number of grocery shops around the country.
Avocado can be used in its oil form or as puree.
- Slice avocado open
- Remove the seed
- Process into a puree using a mill
- Place in the fried to harden
- Scoop into a jar
- Slather for use
Use lukewarm water to wash and rinse off so that your skin can be hydrated
Chaya’s Tip: This is a great way to use up oxidized, browned avocado that you don’t want to serve!
Do this over a few weeks for evident results that you will be proud of after repeated use.
Looking for a coconut oil body scrub recipe? Click here.
Hello, Sarah, here from FixYourSkin! I have a lot of experience with skin health and have written several articles that have been published. FixYourSkin has a lot of useful tips and skincare advice on best vitamin c serum ,moisturizers and DIY recipes which can give you great looking skin without any side effects!