We long for simpler times–when you knew what was in your food & you had an active part in bringing it to the table to enjoy with your family.
Pantry Paratus was founded in January 2011. We are a small family owned and operated company who calls beautiful northwest Montana our home. Paratus is latin for “ready” or “prepared”. It is our desire to see everyone think seriously about what the family is eating, where it comes from, and how they can preserve their surplus and prepare that pantry for the lean times.
We endeavor to equip and to teach pantry preparedness–healthy, wholesome food to nourish the family from the inside out, today and in the future.
Thank you for visiting our website,
Chaya & Wilson
Chaya & Wilson have shared their collective wisdom in various magazine articles, but you can also find some of it in online places like these:
- Natural Awakenings Magazine (“Living Off the Land”)
- “Owing No One: Understanding Grandma (for Rural Women Rocks)
- Several Permies.com podcasts
- Backwoods Home, Issue #137 (2012)
- Realmilk.com (Evaluating the Risk of Raw Milk)
- Interview with Spring Mountain Living (Self-Sufficient Kitchen)
- Survivalblog.com (The Benefits of a Homesteading Approach to Preparedness)
- TheSurvivalMom (The Continuum of Self-Sufficiency)
- Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS (7 Strategies to Improve Mealtime Contentment)
- Before It’s News (Podcast & Synopsis of the Pantry Paratus philosophy)
- Grit: “Country Kitchens Require Kitchen Skills”
- Spare Foot Blog (6 Tips for How to Store Emergency Food)
- ThePrepperProject: 4 Main Objections to Eating Insects
- UrbanSurvivalSite: 10 Reasons You Should Learn to Pressure Can Food
- Multiple articles on Real Food Outlaws (contributing writer)
- Multiple articles on Holistic Squid (contributing writer)
- Multiple articles on The Food Renegade (contributing writer)