The Big Berkey system has a storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters) and when in use it stands 19.25″ in height with a diameter of 8.5″. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13″ in height. Configured with two Black Berkey filters.
The Big Berkey® system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with two purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances. This system has a storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters) and when in use it stands 19.25″ in height with a diameter of 8.5″. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13″ in height. Configured with two Black Berkey® purification elements the system will purify up to 3 1/2 Gallons (13.3 liters) per hour*. This system can be expanded to use four purification elements and is capable of purifying up to 7 Gallons (26.5 liters) per hour*. *Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Big Berkey® System (2.25 gal.) – BK4X2-BB
Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey® Systems are powerful, freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools or plumbing needed. Enjoy clean, delicious purified water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of less than 2 cents per gallon.
The Gold Standard in Gravity-Fed Water Purification
Berkey® Systems equipped with Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals. Each pair of long-lasting Black Berkey® Purification Elements can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement. If desired, Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed on each Black Berkey® Purification Element.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
- In control and confident- Take control of your tap water. Berkey® water purification systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind.
- Loving every sip- When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Ready for any adventure– Travel the world, hit the trail or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey® water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes and ponds.
- Prepared and empowered– Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey® water purification systems can purify raw, untreated water in situations where a potable source of water is not available.
Specifications for the Big Berkey® System
The 2.25 gallon Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, and is ideal for 1-4 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 2.25 gallons of purified water
- Includes 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements standard
- Expandable to 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements total
- System is 8.5″ in diameter x 19.25″ in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 9 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
Included in the box:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- 1 stainless steel lid, knob and screw
- 1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base
- 2 wing nuts, 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 2 blocking plugs
Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
Please note, labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand.
Multi-use systems not available in CA or IA.